- Although there may not as many buyers during the holidays, the people who are searching for homes are more serious and ready to take action.
- Come the new year, more homes will hit the market, making it harder for your home to stand out. With fewer homes on the market during the winter, it means less competition and more eyes on your property.
- Who doesn’t love a home decorated for the holidays?Decorated homes show better this time of the year.
- Buyers have more free time to spend searching for a home during the holidays than they do during a busy work week.
- With interest rates slowly rising, some buyers who were thinking of holding off their search for a later time are now anxious to find their perfect home and lock in a rate.
- Worried that showings will interrupt your holiday festivities? You have the option to restrict showings to specific times, so they won’t interfere with your plans
- You can choose to sell now, making the purchase of your new home non-contingent and more desirable in a multiple offer situation. Also, if you do sell your home before you find a new one, you could "rent-back" from your buyer. This allows you to wait to move until the new year and celebrate the holidays one last time in your home.
To find out about the current value of your home, click HERE
To search for homes currently on the market, click HERE